May 20, 2008

Blur

It seems like I haven't been able to keep my mind focused the past couple days. I'm sure that the allure of my new GalCiv 2 expansion may have something to do with it, but it seems like its more than that. I don't know, it just feels like I'm in a daze or something, and my mind seems to keep wandering to the most random topics as I am trying to focus on work or other things. It hasn't had any particularly negative effect thus far, but I do need to snap into focus so I can get my next game pitch ready. The first one got a good grade and was generally well received which is about as much as I think I can ask for though I have know idea if that means it's actually capstone material.

We playtested the C8 TGP games today, and they were definitely cool in their own ways, but they seemed at bit more "standard" than the things we are pitching. That may be due to the makeup of their teams (which are exceptionally low on programmers) or it may simply be the way these things work out, I'm not really sure. Nevertheless, I don't want to set my games up for failure, but at the same time I don't want to propose something "standard." I don't know, I'm probably over thinking things a bit. As I said, I've been a bit all over the place lately, and I think my mind just needs a little rest before I can sit down and focus. Anyway, I think that's all for tonight, later!

No comments:

Post a Comment