May 19, 2008

Was there something I was supposed to do?

That will teach me to buy a game on a Monday. I picked up the new expansion for Galactic Civilizations 2 and ended up spending the whole night playing the first mission of the campaign. The series has only gotten better with age, and it is still as addictive as ever. The new expansion is the last for this iteration of the series (though GalCiv III is no doubt in the future) so they included a whole bunch of editors for making custom maps, tech trees, and scenarios. It's more of a sandbox game ala Civilization so there isn't as much that you can do with it, but that should mean it shouldn't be too cumbersome to learn and it might be fun to make a simple scenarios with some unique situations. Anyway, I'm just thanking my lucky stars that right now I can afford to waste a night playing games, though I don't imagine that will last too much longer, and there are a handful of more productive tasks I could have done tonight. Oh well! Good times, good times...

No comments:

Post a Comment