January 27, 2009

Autonomy

There's not much to say for today, as the day was pretty uneventful overall. I made good progress on my stuff at work and I think the team is happy with my progress. I got to have lunch with a couple of older GH alums that now work at Insomniac. I also found out that my stuff is finally being delivered tomorrow, which is just fantastic. Other than that it was a pretty normal day.

I did have one thought though - it's nice to be providing for myself once again. There's something empowering about knowing that your car, your home, and your food are all possible because your hard work. I am really grateful for all my family's support in following my dream, I'm just happy to know that I won't be relying on their generosity for the rest of my life. I also realized, I really like my job (I realize it's still early). I mean, I like what I am doing, I think I'm good at it, and I'm excited to keep doing it. That may sound funny to some of you, but it's a new experience for me to like my job, so I am going to relish it as much as I can.

I know there will certainly be stressful, difficult times in the future, but I think the Guildhall has certainly prepared me for that. I think I could really be happy doing this for a long time, and that's still just incredibly exciting to me. Alright, I'll stop gushing, anyway things are quite good and soon I will have my TV and computer back and things will be great... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment