July 13, 2007

End of Week I

Hey all!

Well, the first week is over, and I'm still very excited about everything and the classes are super cool. My level design class was spent almost entirely talking about the different genres, pros, cons, good examples, bad examples, and the professor is really passionate about all of it, which makes for an exciting experience.

Art class is, well, Art class, and I am trying to approach it with an open mind despite my severe lack of talent. We just got our first big assignment in there: reproducing an image from a movie using a grid in order to help obtain references. Kind of a cool idea really, but it will probably take me a while to do and it's due next Tuesday.

Other than that, it's mostly just a lot of reading, and we have our first quiz in level design on Monday. The professor basically prefaced it by saying almost everyone bombs the first quiz, especially if they haven't been in classes for a while :). Needless to say, this doesn't breed confidence, but I'm just gonna read the chapter and do the best I can.

I will try to keep this as up-to-date as I possibly can, but I am getting slammed with getting back into school, moving, and all sorts of other stuff. It's not to bad right now, but I guess I am a little anxious about where things are going. Just an FYI if posts start becoming a little more sporadic, there's a very good reason. Still, all in all, there's nothing I'd rather be doing and there's a lot to be said for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment