July 27, 2007

My first map?

Hello all,

Much has occurred over the last few days, and there's a lot to talk about, but I don't really have the time right now, hopefully I can do so tomorrow (my Saturday should be less busy). I created another texture, some tiles based off of source photos, created a map for the boardgame Space Hulk and spent almost two hours today playtesting it, in addition to the standard 200+ pages of reading and quizzes. I think the playtest went pretty well and I will post the final map and accompanying analysis as soon as I have it available. All my exams have been very good as well, so no problems there. Also, based on comments and other side conversations it would probably behoove me to post the source images when I put up an assignment so you have a better idea what I was trying to do or what I was given.

In other news, I randomly received an email from Andrew Leker (the CEO of Mind Control Software) saying that basically he hasn't forgotten about me and he plans to have a senior designer check out Richmond (the card game I sent him a few months ago as part of a GDC follow-up). He also was very enthusiastically supportive of my enrollment at the Guildhall which was cool. Things are overall good, but I'm crazy busy pretty much all the time. Fortunately, it's stuff I'm interested in so it doesn't tax me too much, but I do miss playing games which I don't really do that much anymore.

Anyway, I'm off (to actually play videogames with friends this evening, hooray!), but I'll try to post more info when I have the opportunity. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment