October 16, 2007

It's gonna be a long term

Well, the pressure has officially been turned on. Here's the basic list of things over the next couple days:
  • Tonight (October 16)
    • Master Pass on Chapel Map
    • Draft Level for CTF Mod
  • Tomorrow (October 17)
    • Finish Writing C# Character Creation Program
    • Finalize Basic Level Map for CTF Mod
    • Begin Writing Prison Level Abstract
  • Thursday (October 18)
    • Finish Writing Prison Level Abstract
    • Meet with team about CTF Level
    • Start Prison Level Whitebox
    • Start CTF Mod Whitebox
  • Friday (October 19)
    • Play Games?
I guess the thing that's really amping things up is the team project in Game Development Pipeline. I think we are supposed to have a few class periods to work on it in class, but there is a lot more that needs to be done than can be accomplished in that limited time. The assignment is due on November 1st and incorporates a team of 2 level designers, 2 artists, and 2 programmers. It's just one more thing to tilt the scales toward burnout. Not to mention midterms in a couple weeks. Anyway, I don't think it's impossible it just may be a few more long nights. Now I should get to work before tonight becomes exceptionally long itself.

3 comments:

  1. Careful you don't get burnt out. As I have mentioned before managing your moral is your most important gig.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to keep things in check. I'm pretty sure that as long as I at least maintain my Friday nights off I can remain sane. Though this week has stretched me pretty thin. Oddly enough, my morale is pretty high, I'm just exhausted, we just need a holiday of some sort sooner rather than later :).

    Anyway, I should get back to work, but don't worry you worry about me, I'll be fine. I'm getting much more efficient at pushing through documentation (or at least becoming much less picky, I'm not sure), so at least that's not as much of a hassle. And it's cool to be learning things at this hyperactive rate, it just wears you out pretty quick :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I almost forgot...it could be worse, I could be on fire ;).

    ReplyDelete