February 17, 2008

2 More Weeks in Term

Well, it's that time of term again! That time where the amount of work seems insurmountable and we all look at one another trying to figure out how we'll ever get it all done in time. Add to that the additional wrinkle of trying to attend GDC and the fact that this term was already 3 weeks shorter than usual, and you've got a recipe for some serious stress. I try not to think about it too much though. The work always seems to get done, and even sometimes I don't know how, but thinking about too much could cause the whole thing to come crashing down, like those moments when Wily Coyote is hovering in the air, before he looks down and starts falling. My solution: I'm just not going to look down :).

It doesn't mean that the stress hasn't seeped into my life somewhat, but I am just trying desperately not to let it get to me. From everything our professor has told us our level design final should be relatively easy, then all I need to worry about is my final project for programming, and the prototype (and all the documentation that goes with it). The prototype is the more notable (and large) of those two, though the programming project has proven to be more complicated and involved than I had originally imagined. I'll need to set aside some serious time to actually complete it satisfactorily. Right now, I am focusing on Extinction as we have a Game Design Document due Tuesday and I am taking it in for review tomorrow morning, and then we have another integration (the last before the final build) tomorrow night that needs to basically be the finished version of the prototype.

We technically have over a week after tomorrow to finish the prototype, but with GDC, finals, and other projects, the team won't have an overabundance of time to dedicate to the project, so I'm trying to give us as much of a head start as possible. Anyway, the first draft of our GDD isn't going to edit itself so I better get going. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment