February 24, 2008

Project Planning Make Brain Hurt

Well, my leads met today to develop our Asset and Dev Plan for Extinction. We managed to at least complete the asset list without incident, but the Development plan is still largely unfinished. We figured out generally how we want the schedule to go and now I am trying to cram it into a project file before I am allowed to sleep. We were scheduled to meet from 1:00 to 6:00 and instead met from 1:00 to 11:00 without actually finishing the schedule. Unfortunately, I am woefully inexperienced with Project, so getting it to do any of the things I want it to do is a completely frustrating exercise. In addition, finishing the the Asset and Dev Plan was only one of a handful of tasks I had planned to complete today leaving me without groceries and putting me even more behind on my programming final. Anyway, I can definitely feel that crunch time is in full swing and I'll be lucky to get more than a few hours of sleep a night over the next few days. Now, I better return to work or I won't get any....

No comments:

Post a Comment