February 15, 2008

Friday Night Out!

Well, sort of out anyway...

Today marked the final submission of our Oblivion project, so the level designers were in relatively high spirits (it's always nice to be done with a project and be ready to move onto something else). Charles read on the internet about a ridiculous "sale" that Circuit City is having. I use the term sale loosely, because it isn't really advertised anywhere, even on the games themselves, like the game will say $39.99 but when you ask them to ring it up it's like $3.18. I can't explain it, it's like a computer glitch or something, but whatever you want to call it, it resulted in all of the level designers save two deciding to go out and pick clean the two Circuit Cities close by (this included Charles, who had actually already raided one before Level Design today). I bought 9 games for less than $60, check it out:
  • Penumbra Overture - $8.00
  • Age of Empires: The Warchiefs - $10.00
  • Faces of War - $4.33
  • The Guild 2 - $4.11
  • Chosen: Well of Souls - $8.50
  • Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil - $3.03
  • Alien Shooter: Vengeance - $2.19
  • Caesar IV - $4.33
  • Sid Meier's Railroads - $4.12
Admittedly, they aren't first run titles, but they're definitely things I've been keeping my eye on, or things that simply intrigued my and were just too cheap to pass up. Now, I know what you are thinking, I don't have near enough time to play the games I own, or even get a full night's sleep half the time, and well...you're right. This was actually a subject of conversation among all of us as we thought about the sheer volume of work coming up in the next couple weeks. Regardless, sometimes it's nice to get out of that mindset once and a while and just let go, and I think everyone had just a good time hanging out. Also, anyone who knows me knows how much I like bargain hunting, and this was definitely that at its finest. Now, I'm going to try out a few of my new acquisitions before I need to head to bed and get back to reality. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment