February 19, 2008

No Fires Tonight

Well, tomorrow I depart for San Francisco so that I can attend GDC for the roughly one day that my schedule actually allows. There's still a lot going on so at best it's a working vacation, but it will be nice to see the actual industry from a different perspective and just get away from the Guildhall even for a little while. I've prepared some general materials like business cards and resumes just in case, though this really isn't a job hunt more like preparation for my eventual job hunt later this year.

Today wasn't terribly eventful, both Pre-Production and Programming were work days, so the Extinction team did some playtesting this morning and some general planning for finishing up the prototype (and all requisite documentation) and moving into production. Programming I just worked on our final for a bit. I finally managed to get saving/loading working correctly and I've also fixed a few annoying problems with the game as I've been going. There's still a lot that needs to be done for the final and I'm not entirely certain when exactly I'll have all that time available, but as I've said before, I know I'll get it done so no use it worrying about it now.

All that being said, there's nothing hot on the fire tonight, and seeing as these last two to three days have been nothing but a long string of work with a few naps thrown in, I think I'm going to take it easy tonight. I'm not sure what the internet situation will be like at the the hotel, or how much time I will have trying to cram as much as I can into the trip, so I can't guarantee I'll be able to post over the next couple days, but I'll be sure to update you all when I get back on Friday. Saturday at the latest :) ...

No comments:

Post a Comment