April 7, 2008

Worktastic!

Well, it was another jam-packed Monday. I just got back from core hours with my team and I still have a minor task I'd like to accomplish before bed. Extinction is definitely getting closer to Alpha, but there are a few key areas I think we are still behind in, so I need to keep the responsible parties focused. I had a little time to work on my DFS today during level design and I managed to get the first corridor textured/improved. I use the slash because you can't simply slap a texture on a wall and call it done, you need to cut up the geometry, and add all sorts of trim and decorations in order to make it feel "real." I also estimated the time I though it would take for me to get to my next DFS milestone (which is a week from tomorrow), and it came out to a little over 40 hours...of work...in the next week, and I'm pretty sure those estimates were a bit optimistic. Anyway, there's not much to be done about it now, just keep moving forward and hope for the best.

In other news, the C9 Level Designers were mysteriously granted an audience with Dr. Raad, the executive director of the Guildhall. No details on what it is about, but rumor is that the C8 LDs (who also have been asked to meet with Dr. Raad) are frustrated that the school is giving them no Unreal 3 experience, which is locking them out of potential jobs. As for us, I imagine the faculty is finally starting to react to the record attrition rates and horrible morale that the C9 LDs have been experiencing. I'm not sure what if anything can come from the meeting besides a simple chance to vent our frustrations, but I suppose it is at least a step in the right direction. Alright, well, I better get to work, later!

No comments:

Post a Comment