July 5, 2008

Premature Vacation

Not sure when exactly the last time I made a post was, but I know its been a while since I wrote anything really substantial. That being said, its almost 2:00 A.M. so it's very unlikely this will be anything really significant either. I spent last week scrambling to hit a few key milestones and then I've spent the last couple days rewarding myself. After class on Thursday I went out to eat with some of the LDs, came home and played games with Rick until about 11:00 and then played more games on my own until about 5:00 (I think the two near all-nighters during the past week really messed with my sleep schedule). Then yesterday I woke up at around 1:00, played some more games, did a little work around the house then headed out to hang out with the other LDs for the holiday, which constituted some boardgaming, Halo, drinking, and movies. Finally, today I woke up around 11:00, played some more games, did a little work (emphasis on the little), went with a couple of the other interns to locate Gearbox, went out to eat, went on a shopping trip to help one of the LDs find a copy of Diablo II, worked a little more, then played Diablo II with the other LDs for the rest of the night.

I managed to accomplish a fair bit of the minimal work I had set for today so I guess its not all that bad. Still, I think I've been reveling in the end of term a bit early considering I've still got some final presentations, projects, and exams to deal with before immediately going to work at Gearbox. That all being said, it's been a fun couple days where I've pretty much been able to basically forget about the stresses of school, at least for a little while. Now I'm going to try Battlefield: Bad Company, which I picked up today during the aforementioned shopping trip, and then try to get to bed so I can hit the ground running tomorrow. There's not really that much more I need to do, but there's still enough that I need to sit down put some focused effort into things in order to get them done. Anyway, I think that will be enough for tonight, later!

2 comments:

  1. You know what's weird? I was playing Diablo II on Saturday night too. It's strange that we both ended up playing the same decade-old game on the same night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's really funny is: so was my brother. I think the Diablo 3 announcement put the idea into people's minds, at least I know that's what it was for us...

    ReplyDelete