July 1, 2008

Another Long Day at the GH

Well, the end of term is approaching fast and furious. There's still a fair bit to do, but compared to last term it seems pretty insignificant. No DFS, no TGP, well not really. We do have a level to complete and a proof of tech for Dissonance but the scope of things is generally much more manageable. Since I think the fates were aware of my generally positive outlook on things they decided to throw another roadblock in my way....in the form of an errant black minivan. That's right for those of you who read that correctly, on my way to class this evening I got into a car accident. On my way to school someone tried to make a left turn and didn't see me and I slammed right into the side of her van. Luckily no one was hurt and the damage to my car seems minimal. I have to file the claim, but all in all things could have been much worse.

I was on time for class since I had left an hour early in order to coordinate a project with another student, which left me unprepared for the assignment that I had intended to finish in the hour before class. I managed to quickly finish up in some downtime during the class and submit the assignment before the end of class, so it's all good. Now, I just need to work on my level for our milestone Thursday morning. It's the visual milestone so there's a lot I still need to do, most notably implement a 3D skybox. There's really no endpoint for it, as it's almost always possible to add additional details to make the level pop, but I'll do what I can and be done with it. Anyway, I should start by trying to get a start on it now so I don't need to pull another semi all-nighter. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment