August 9, 2008

Life is Fun?

I think with the end of my internship and subsequent return to Guildhall looming on the horizon, I've become rather introspective as of late. Just thinking about where I am, where I'm going, and where I've been. I postponed some of the work I had intended to do today and didn't even finish the stuff I tried to do. I mostly played games and relaxed, which is how I feel Saturday's should be, but won't until I'm done with these next four months. I'm pretty sure it won't be as bad as I've made it out in my head, but I know the GH has managed to make me very angry, upset, unhappy, depressed, and a whole host of other negative emotions I gladly haven't really had to deal with for the past four weeks.

I had a good, fun, relaxing day today, a day that definitely wouldn't have been possible inside of term (at least, not without serious repercussions for my grades and/or sleep schedule). I guess one of the really amazing things about the human mind is it's ability to forget pain. I mean, the break between Term 4 and Term 5 was only one week, but by the time Term 5 started Term 4 felt like nothing but a bad dream. I guess my worry is now that I have forgotten the pain, it's going to hurt a whole bunch more to get "reacquainted" with it. Nevertheless, that time is quickly approaching, and I need to be willing to accept whatever gets thrown my way.

If it feels like this post is all over the place, that's an accurate reflection of my state of mind. I'm not sure how I feel about everything: the internship, Dissonance, my thesis, I have a bunch of uncoordinated thoughts about all of them just rolling around my head. I can't really seem to make sense of it all, but time keeps right on plowing ahead. Anyway, I don't think any of this is getting any clearer right now, and I need to get some sleep. Maybe it will all make sense in the morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment