September 27, 2008

Running on Empty

Looking at the blog, I guess it's been a while since my last post. I've been busy working or deliberately not working over the past few days. It was a stressful week this week and I needed a break so for the last couple days I've pretty much been taking one. The last few days I've been playing a lot of games and doing little to no work. I don't know if it's really a good thing or a bad thing, but it's what I've been doing. On the one hand, I've been seriously needing a break from everything, but on the other any time I take off right now has to be made up somewhere down the line.

It's just been hard to stay motivated lately. At least motivated to work with the same fervor that the Guildhall seems to require. I don't know exactly why, but I think it's just fatigue, both short term and long term. I've been physically under the weather lately as well, so that isn't helping matters. Anyway, I don't want to dwell on it, what's done is done, and I'm just going to keep moving forward. Sometimes this place just makes it hard to keep everything in perspective. Expectations are so high, both from the faculty and from ourselves, and the price for failure at least seems to be incredibly costly. It's a constant stress level that really weighs on you, and the longer you carry it, the harder it gets. Alright, I guess I'll leave it there before this goes to a particularly negative place. Suffice it to say, it's been a rough couple weeks, and break can't come quickly enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment