September 23, 2008

Sleepy...

Busy day today...

Dissonance core hours in the morning went well, but there are still some things to do before tomorrow's presentation, and even more to do before Vertical Slice (a little over two weeks from now). Got some stuff done on my Gears of War level during LD class this afternoon. I found out that the little robot, Jack, in Gears of War isn't really an entity at all, he's just a model with some effects, so I had to create a matinee (read: scripted sequence in Unreal) of him slicing open the door for me. I got it in without too much trouble, which is good. After that, I had a meeting with the Dissonance art leads and one of the art professors to discuss some potential issues with our game, particularly our camera system. After some discussion, we reached a conclusion that I think everyone was happy with and I think ultimately generated some more interest in the project from the professor, so I don't imagine that could have gone much better. Finally, I spent the last couple hours trying to tie up some loose ends for Dissonance, before our milestone tomorrow. I've just got to create a few more sound effects, but I couldn't find anything good for them in the sound library, so I'm going to try to take a couple people into the editing booth tomorrow morning to record some stuff. Now I'm going to try to work a bit on my DFS before I finally succumb to exhaustion and pass out for the night.

Like I said, busy day...

No comments:

Post a Comment