January 27, 2008

Sunday Bloody Sunday

Well, it's been one hell of a Sunday. I am currently still up working on compiling and editing a first draft of the Prototype Game Design Document so that we can submit it for review tomorrow morning, and I have spent most of the day working either to write my section of the document or to try and get some work done on our Oblivion module. I also ran to pick up some groceries and decided to treat myself to a purchase of Burnout: Paradise only to get pulled over on my way home for a completely bogus ticket.

See, next to the Best Buy there's this turn that has a sign that will light up and tell you you can't turn on red at certain times. I turned at this turn and the officer claims the light was on when I turned, and I claim it was not. While I think we both honestly believe our positions the unfortunate state of the law is the only way I can argue the ticket is if the officer doesn't show up on the court date. Also, apparently I am expected to show up at the court in person within 12 working days to schedule the court date, but I have to wait at least 4 working days to ensure they have actually received the citation. Bah!

Anyway, I'm trying not to get upset over it, but it cast a pall over one of the few rewards I've actually had time to give myself. I guess it's just another one of those things I don't really have any control over, so there's no use lamenting something I can't really change. Alright, I better get back to work if I want to get a decent night's sleep. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment