January 19, 2008

Term 3 is 25% complete

If there's one thing to be said for these new 8-week terms, it's much easier to convert weeks into % completion. I mean what is 1/11? It's like 9 percent and change...

Anyway, today was a typical working Saturday. I woke up around 11:30, did my exercises, had breakfast, then had to run off to school for ~6 hours of meetings, came home and made dinner, ate dinner and watched some Futurama, then finally finished up with some CoD4. I probably should have done some work on the documents I need to write for tomorrow, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm not sure if we have more work, or I just have less tolerance for it, but this term has seemed pretty brutal thus far, and we've only just completed the second week. Hopefully, things will start looking up but I'm not holding my breath.

This term has been especially hard on the leads since we are ultimately in charge of concept development and documentation for our team. Which basically means that the eight of us (four on each team) have an extra classload of work than the rest of the cohort. The joys of being a leader, right? ;-) I guess I can't complain too much, I like the job, it's just right now we are spending a lot of time documenting and talking about things and very little time actually doing things which somewhat mitigates the sense of accomplishment. Also, when I wake up on a Sunday morning it's easier to get excited about a day full of level design work than a day full of documentation. Not to say the concept development stuff isn't cool, I actually like that kind of thing, it just needs to be offset with some sense of accomplishment along the way, and a longer timeline couldn't hurt.

Anyway, I need to get some rest so I can hit the ground running tomorrow and finish my write-ups. Hopefully, I'll more fun and interesting things to report on soon. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment