June 30, 2008

The Long Dark

Well, that was an arduous couple days. The challenge really isn't over at this point but it has lessened somewhat. After returning home from Michigan at around 7:00 yesterday, I plopped myself down in front of my computer, put the Fellowship of the Ring in the DVD player, and started my work. Nearly twelve hours and an entire trilogy later, I was forced to submit my work for the next milestone, whatever state it was in. This was, of course, after working through most of Saturday while I was at home. I got a good grade and I at least got to sleep a couple hours so I guess I should complain too much. He also moved back the Art milestone that was supposed to be today until later this week, so I guess I should give him some credit for that.

The end of term is fast approaching and while there's plenty to keep me busy, I don't think there's a lot to overwhelm me, not mega-projects like last term. Just some loose ends to tie up and soon I'll be starting my internship. I'm really excited, and I just can't wait to hear what I'm doing. I'm not sure what particularly excites me, whether its working at a real company on a real game, getting to use an editor that has come out in the last two years, or just getting away from the Guildhall for a while, but regardless, I'm pumped.

The wedding weekend was fun though a bit stressful, and just a tiny bit depressing. The trip home stirred up some old memories that are best left forgotten and took up a lot of time I desperately needed for my LD "mini-level." Still, things are moving forward smoothly on the project and I've got a good amount of time to work on it later this week, so that's good. Now I need to design a couple scenarios for the FPS we are designing in my Special Topics class. We don't intend to actually build it mind you, but we are trying to go through the process of designing a campaign with a design team so that it all flows together. I've been putting it off to work on my level, plus the creative side of my brain has been a bit overtaxed with something like three game designs, two level designs, and a thesis proposal, but now I must get to it. On that note, I bid you all a good night. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment