June 15, 2008

I Guess I Can't Complain...

Or at least I probably shouldn't. Admittedly, I did more work this weekend than most outside of the Guildhall probably did, and yet less than I had intended or probably should have. If this week looks like it does on my calendar there shouldn't be any significant fallout, but the syllabi this term have been less reliable than they normally are. The big piece is that we have a Level Design Document due on Thursday that I probably should have started. Actually, I probably should have tried to get most of it done, but that's beside the point. I haven't even started it yet and looking at it now, that probably wasn't the best idea. I'm not sure why we need to spend a week writing a 20+ page document for a level that we only have two weeks to work on, but that's just me.

Anyway, that being said, today was otherwise productive. I finished writing my Thesis proposal, though I still need to include a level abstract (another documented level design). Which means that will probably still take another night to finish. The LDD shouldn't take more than a couple days provided nothing else gets in the way, but I've probably bought myself at least one long night this week. Documentation is a slow, but unfortunately necessary process.

I guess I feel like I could have done more this weekend, but at the same time, I needed to recover from last week's exertions. It's a vicious cycle. I don't do as much during the weekend because I need to recover from the week, which only leads the next week to be harder, and so on and so forth. Oh well, as I said, I guess I can't complain too much, we're already moving into week six of our eight week term (well, like 8.5 this term). Of course, that just adds more weight to everything I am supposed to get done before then. Still, I've never failed to meet a deadline thus far, so I'm sure I'll get it done. Alright, well, I'm tired and this is going to be another long week, so I better get some rest while I can (and maybe just a tiny bit more MGS4).

No comments:

Post a Comment