August 20, 2007

Spit It Out

Going along with the "more than I can chew" analogy, my group and I decided today "spit out" some of the scope of our project. Most notably, we moved the game from being top-down to side scrolling. Frankly, we have an enormous and largely confusing code base that is written to power 2D side-scrollers, and trying to get away from that was headache-inducing. We have managed to keep much of the core gameplay intact, and I have already managed to design one of the main scripts we will need in order to power the game's weapon system. There's still much to do, but instead of rewriting entire sections of code, I am attempting to creatively use the components that already exist. On that note, I should get back to it, TTFN!

2 comments:

  1. TTFN?! A Tigger sign-off?! What a dork!!

    Am I a bigger dork for immediately recognizing that it came from Winnie the Pooh?

    ReplyDelete