August 26, 2007

Stupid Bioshock...

It turns out when you've been hardcore playing a particular first-person shooter for several days and then are asked to design an FPS your thoughts tend to get sucked toward that game you've been enjoying so much. As such, much of today has been spent trying to come up with an FPS that is dissimilar from Bioshock and System Shock 2, so I can write a level overview (and later a level abstract) for one of the levels in that game. It has been an unfortunately unproductive day despite my best efforts and there is still a lot I need to do before I can go to sleep. Oh well...

4 comments:

  1. Even if you wanted to design something similar to bio-schock, lets be honest, could you? That game is amazing, and you are well....you.

    Just want to be sure I make you feel small from time to time.

    TTFN! (mocking tone of course)

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But it would be awesome if your fps had little sister analogs.

    You could always make a world war 2 shooter, that's not like any shock game.

    Ok, fine I will suggest something a bit more original. How about a large neighborhood wide snow ball fight. You could have different size and densities of snow balls. Have them all throw like grenades. You could even have ice balls for the people you don't like. It would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Josh. I know I can always count on you to kick me when I'm down. It helps keep balance in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dinny,

    Considering you posted this about 8 minutes before the assignment was due, I didn't really have time to incorporate your ideas, but it doesn't really matter as you probably can see in the next post.

    ReplyDelete