September 17, 2007

Exhibit THIS!

Sorry for the lack of a post yesterday, I literally worked from when I woke up at 10:00 AM until I went to bed at 5:00 AM with the exception of a ~1 hour break for dinner. We had one major issue we had to iron out and the diagnosis process took a very long time, but we eventually got it. Anyway, I suppose all's well that ends well, check out the following email:
Your games have been selected to be shown in the upcoming Exhibition. Please plan to attend all day on Friday. You should attend your specialization's graduate presentations from 1-4.

Set-up for your demo is from 4-5 p.m. in RM 238. This section will run from 5-9 p.m.

Please have 4 computers running the game with at least one XBox controller.

Also, please do not break your game between now and Friday. Freeze it from today's build.

Thanks and congratulations!
Solid.

There were two other games chosen that were also quite impressive so this recognition of our work is really satisfying. I think plenty of other group's had really solid game concepts as well, it was just a question of how willing you were to push through the code issues to get to a solid build. In the end though, I was really impressed with the presentations today, it's amazing that you can send off around 40 students to make a game for a month and get back such diverse and interesting results.

Anyway, I've got a trebuchet to render, so I should go get to that...

1 comment: